ABSTRACT: In this study a method for the nutrition ecological assessment of processed foods was developed. Nutrition ecological assessment means that the impact of processed foods and their industrial processing on health, environment, society and economy were evaluated. The method is based on a model for a nutrition ecological sensible food from which criteria and indicators were deducted.
Studies on sustainability performance of enterprises mostly focus on one of the three dimensions of sustainability (environment, society or economy). In contrast, the goal of this study is to consider four dimensions (the three dimensions of sustainability and health) simultaneously and equally.
Keywords: sustainability, transdisciplinarity, nutrition ecology, processed foods, assessment
Other important journals:
- JOURNAL: Integrating Food Safety and Traceability (IFSAT)
- JOURNAL: Investigacion de mercado sobre el grado de aceptacion de la carne de cuy (Cavia porcellus) en presentaciones de ahumado, croquetas Y apanado en la ciudad de pasto
- JOURNAL: Key Performance indicators (KPI) within Maintenance Engineering in the Food Processing Industry
- JOURNAL: Mathematical Frameworks for Modeling Listeria Cross-contamination in Food-processing Plants
- JOURNAL: Modelling Heat and Mass Transfer In High-Pressure Food Processing
- JOURNAL: Nutrition data and antioxidant capacity of soy milk ice cream and black sesame flavoured soy milk ice cream
- JOURNAL: Organizational Economics and The Food Processing Industry
- JOURNAL: Ozone in Food Processing Applications
- JOURNAL: Parabolic Solar Concentrators For Cooking, Food Processing and Other Applications