Easy Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe for The Weekend -Almost everyone like coffee. It can be served as a drinks or even can use it as a flavour for cake. Especially for you who love baking, coffee flavor is one of best flavors that you can choose for baking a cake. Have you imagined your coffee cake is mixed with walnuts. Yes, walnut. This walnut can enrich the taste of your coffee cake, besides can sweeten you cake looks. You can try this easy walnut coffee cake recipe at home. Make your kids and friends happy with your coffee cake at the weekend!!!
Ingredients For the Cake
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 225g/8oz self-raising flour
- 225g/8oz unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 4 free-range eggs
- 50ml/1¾fl oz strong espresso coffee
- 75g/2½oz walnuts
Ingredients For the Butter Cream Topping
- 12 walnut halves, to decorate
- 125g/4½oz unsalted butter
- 200g/7oz icing sugar
- 50ml/2fl oz strong espresso coffee
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- In a bowl, beat the butter and sugar together until very light and pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter and sugar mixture, beating well to completely incorporate each egg before adding the next egg.
- Add the espresso to the mixture and stir well.
- Add the flour and walnuts and stir well to completely combine.
- Spoon the cake mixture into two lined and greased 20cm/8in cake tins.
- Transfer to the oven to bake 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean and the cake is golden-brown.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- For the butter cream topping, beat the butter and icing sugar together in a small bowl until pale and light.
- Add the espresso and mix well.
- Spread the butter cream over the top of each cake, then place one cake on top of the other.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the walnut halves and serve in generous slices.
(The recipe is from bbc.co.uk by Simon Rimmer)
Good luck with your Walnut Coffee Cake Recipe !!!