Food Processing | The easiest way to make coconut milk | Coconut milk, derived from coconut meat, makes an excellent substitute for cow's milk. An essential ingredient in many Indian and Thai dishes, coconut milk has risen in popularity and usage in the U.S. As of 2011, the increased demand for coconut milk and a devastating harvest has made coconut milk an expensive and rare find in some Western countries. Fortunately, coconut milk is very easy to make at home. The first thing you have to do to make coconut milk is preparing all things you need : 1 cup dried coconut meat (unsweetened), 2 cups hot water, blender, strainer and bowl.
Here is how to make coconut milk:
1. Purchase dried coconut meat from a grocery store or market.
2. Place the dried coconut meat and hot water in a blender.
3. Turn on the blender and mix for about 30 seconds.
4. Position the strainer over a bowl and press the mixture through the strainer.
5. Adjust the consistency of the coconut milk by adding a little extra water if necessary.
6. Store the coconut milk in the refrigerator. It will keep for about three days.
- Food Processing