recipe calls for tortilla chips. Fry or bake up some and enjoy it plain, with salsa and dips, or in a batch of nachos.
What you need:
- 1 quart. oil for frying
- 1 (12 ounce) package corn tortillas
- Salt to taste
- a large pot
- Cutting Board
- Cut tortillas into wedges or strips.
- Line a bowl with paper towels (to absorb excess oil).
- Heat oil in large saucepan to about 375 degrees.
- Fall of the tortillas in oil in small quantities. Brown.
- Remove chips from the oil in a slotted spoon. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Sprinkle with salt while still hot.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining tortillas