The difficult thing in making strawberry jam is to strip off all strawberries. But it's worth the time! Unlike jams bought from store, homemade strawberry jam recipes have no preservatives and can be sweetened to taste, so makes the recipes both delicious and nutritious. This strawberry jam recipes yields eight (8 ounces) half pints.
Things to Prepare:
- 1 / 4 cup lemon juice
- 1 package powdered fruit pectin (thickening)
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups strawberries, washed and chopped
- Bowl (large)
- Sterilized jars
5 Steps to Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Jam:
- Wash and hull the strawberries, mashed in a large bowl, one layer at a time.
- Mix strawberries and lemon juice in large saucepan. Gradually stir in pectin, bringing the mixture to a boil.
- Add sugar, stirring to dissolve. Return mixture to a boil, stirring constantly for one minute. Remove from heat.
- If necessary, skim foam from the mixture. Pour using ladle into sterilized jars. Wipe the rim of the jars before sealing. Process in a hot water bath for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 12-24 hours. This allows time for acclimatization. Jam can be eaten when it is cooled and thickened, and lasts up to one year if stored in a cool place.